Monday, August 23, 2010

Back to School (a week late!)

This was meant to to be posted a week ago when I started back to school for inservice days and Lincoln started full time at daycare. But it was a crazy week so imagine this was a week ago!

Starting at a new school has been crazy and stressful on both Lincoln and I. For me, it is usual feeling being a new teacher all over again with getting down all the routines and such of a new school. I am catching on but today (first day with kids) was crazy busy and I thankful to have it over!
Lincoln started at the district daycare and it has been a HUGE change for him! He started to develop separation anxiety with me over the last couple weeks of summer and cries when he is left anywhere. Dropping Lincoln off the first week was hard, he would start to cry the instant we got in his room and that is hard on this momma. His teachers say that once he is engaged in something then he is fine (usually that is breakfast!) This crying has not gotten better and it is sad to just leave him there. (Prayers are welcome for Lincoln to get adjusted soon!) I sure do love to pick him up though....he seems me coming in and he crawls very fast and determined to get to me....I LOVE it! I know the daycare is the best place (he is in a room with 5 other babies his age and 3 teachers, who all say good things about him!) but it is hard to leave him.
I know all the stress will get better and we both feel at ease but for now we are still adjsuting!

Here is my sweet boy on the first day of daycare...he had no clue what was to come!

3 comments:

  1. Sweet boy! I bet he will make some friends in daycare soon and it will be easier for him. But I'm sure he will ALWAYS be most excited when he sees you coming to get him!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there,
    I'm sure he will be fine. Something tells me he will never have trouble making friends.
    Love you
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww - I promise he will adjust soon. That is a big change mom. The sweet boy has a great personality and oh so lovable! It may even take up to two weeks before he gets used to the change in his environment/routine and all those sweet little babies the same size as him...before long he'll be ruling the roost! I think it's harder on us as mom's to leave them. Most of the time, when parent's walk away and are out of sight, the tears dry up and the children will happily engage themselves. He will be just fine! We will pray for Lincoln(and his mama)The Lord will send comfort to you all. By the way, adorable backpack next to that cutie pie! Take Care - Jennifer & Kids

    ReplyDelete