Thursday, May 10, 2012

Baseball cleats and Ballet slippers

 Last weekend the kids and I joined my parents on the long trek to Amarillo to watch Eli play a baseball game and Phoebe in her dance recital. Since they live so far, I never get to see them do the things they love. I knew it would be a quick trip but it was worth it.

I have no pictures of the baseball game because we drove in town just in time and Lincoln was far more interested in running around than watching a game. I did get to see Eli hit the ball a few times and we received the game ball that game. He was pretty proud.

Saturday morning/ afternoon, we played around the house. Lincoln loves his big cousins.
 Nena and her girls (so far, one more on the way!)

 Once it got warmer we decided to let the kids play in the sprinkler. Lincoln is not a fan of the sprinkler at home but he will do whatever his cousins do so he was in. I didn't think to pack his swimsuit so he sported his undies in the yard.
 Saturday evening we headed to watch Phoebe dance. Love that sweet girl and her sassy attitude.
 Lincoln loved watching the girls dance and every time one dance would end and the girls would leave the stage he would (loudly) "More girls." He lost interest a little over half way through so we had to come up with some creative games in our seats.

Phoebe did a fantastic job and smiled the whole time through her 2 dances.
It was a fast trip but I am thankful I went to see those sweet kids.

1 comment:

  1. Hey there
    It was a quick trip, but what a great time!
    If we had had Isaac it would have been a grand slam!
    Love you,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete