I never meant to abandon the blog but life is busy and I just did. Tonight is the last night of summer so I figured I would do a quick recap of the summer (in 2 posts). We didn't have any big vacation planned because with two small children a vacation is more like work.
Blogger is not cooperating with me so all the pictures are out of order. Plus we did somethings more than once so I am more recapping summer by the events that happened and less WHEN they happened. Follow? Good.
Week in Kansas
The kids and I spent a week in Kansas just playing. Lincoln had fun with Grandma Nimz building tents.
Lola being her sassy herself. Also in Kansas, we went to a water park, played at a fun toy store, went to the zoo, rode a train and enjoyed family time.
Celebrated the fourth
We went to the Grand Prairie Airhogs game with friends and family. We stayed up way too late but saw some awesome fireworks.
Cousin Camp
My sister and her kids always come for a week and we spend it together with my parents and my SIL and her kids. Lincoln LOVES his cousins so this a great week for him.
We went to Legoland one day.
Lola and Abby are about 3 months apart so they get to match a lot.
Splash Park
The kids and I spent a few days at the local splash park. Lincoln was brave enough this year to actually run through the water and play. Lola preferred to stand on the side and look cute.
Father's Day weekend "camping"
We spent Father's Day weekend at Beavers Bend Lake with Shane's family "camping". I use the term camping loosely because we were all in a nice cabin with a hot tub.
Lola found her love for popcorn. The rest of us were lucky to get any after she got her hands on it.
We enjoyed smores by a blazing hot fire. There was no breeze and it was HOT so that lasted a short bit. But the smores were tasty!
We swam in the lake.
The 3 Nimz cousins together at the lake.
That was half of the summer. Hopefully I will post the rest later.

Hey there,
ReplyDeleteLincoln seems to always bursting into a smile, Lola seems concerned about the entire deal. What a fun summer!
Love you
Dad