Today is Grandparents Day and Lincoln has 2 great sets of grandparents.
Nena, Grandaddy, Superman, Gigi, Pappy
Lincoln's grandparents have played a huge role in his life so far. From being there in the early days in the hospital around the clock with us, grieving with us, celebrating at the smallest positive news to now playing an active role in his life.
I love this picture from the early days. My dad (Grandaddy) standing off the side praying for his healing and my mom (Nena) giving Lincoln the comfort touch he needed.

These are 2 grandmas that no nurse better mess with. The hospital staff could have said anything to me and I was too tired (in all aspects) to do anything but these two ladies. They were ready to battle it out for us if they needed to. Stand back
Nena and Gigi are on call!

We had very little time to hold Lincoln his first week so the grandparents got their first cuddling in the day after Lincoln was born. I know it killed them all to not get to love on their grandson but they were patient and loved him every chance they got.




Shane and I could not have lived
through that month without our parents. They were our strength when we had none left and took care Shane and
I's needs when we had no
energy to do it ourselves. They cried with us when we found out and celebrated through his stay in the
NICU as he got better. We could not have asked for anything more! Thanks to you all!
My parents now have 4 grandbabies to love on and they do it well! They do a pretty good job of loving (spoiling) them all the same.
Phoebe, Grandaddy, Isaac,Lincoln, Nena, Eli
Gigi and Pappy only have Lincoln at the moment to spoil and they do it well! Gigi has been our babysitter for weeks at a time and I am thankful for that (and thanks Pappy for letting her come!) They will have more grandbabies in the future so the spoiling will grow!

Thanks for being great grandparents to Lincoln! He loves you all!
WOW what a nice surprise I didn't know there was a grandparent day!!! We are new at this and it wasn't on my calander!! HA HA Sounds like it would of been a fun day to meet at the park and have a pinic!! Pappy and I are truly blessed, we have a great family to love and spoil and we welcome the challenge of spoiling more grandchildren!!! We are so thankful and enjoy sharing the love of a grandchild with Grandaddy and Nena. I agree Grandaddy that a grandchild should not have to follow a schedule when we are babysitting!! HA HA We are looking forward to seeing you all at Lincoln's "1" year birthday party.Pappy says dress Lincoln in red and white on Monday night "GO CHIEFS"
ReplyDeleteLots of love
Pappy and GIGI
Hey there
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for the post. Those early days were tough, but our combined faith and love for each other pulled us all through.
Each of those grandkids are so special in their own way.
Love you,
Grandaddy