Tuesday, September 28, 2010

This time last year....Part 1

Don't we look clueless and totally unprepared?!! We were!



This time last year on September 28, 2009, I had started my first day of maternity. I thought I would be back to work in November after 8 weeks off. My first day of maternity leave consisted of getting a pedicure, putting together the last few things we needed at the hospital, waiting for my in-laws to get into town, and basically just waiting.



I remember not being nervous about having Lincoln but mostly nervous about recovering from the c-section. I knew I would be home in a few days with my new baby boy and having my days and nights all mixed up. We would have family and friends coming and in out to meet Lincoln. Shane and I were ready for this adventure of parenthood.



At least, we thought we were ready. Never did we think that the next day would bring our best day and worst day all wrapped in one.

No comments:

Post a Comment