Sunday, August 9, 2009

A little slice of heaven

Shane and I had a "stay at home" date on Friday night. I made a yummy dinner and had a special treat fro dessert. All summer I have wanted to stop a particular bakery and get some goodies but the summer is quickly slipping away and I decided Friday was the day! I had heard wonderful raves on these goodies and I just had to try them myself!

Here is the small box that the goodies came in....any DFW readers know the secret location?!!!




If you guessed, Sprinkles Cupcakes then you are correct!!!! I got to the bakery and I felt out of place as I stood in front of the counter staring (drooling!) over the many cupcakes to chose from.....so many yummy choices! It was maybe in the top 10 of hardest decisions I have had to make....they had strawberry, black and white, raspberry, lemon, dark chocolate, chocolate marshmallow, peanut butter, and so many more!!! As I quickly weighed my options in my head, while many "north Dallas" gals jumped ahead of me to order the one cupcake they needed (ONE! Seriously!!!) I made my decision and hurried out with my prized possessions!
When I got home I couldn't wait for Shane to get home so I could surprise him with my treats! He did not share my excitement about these delightful cupcakes so I called my sis and she was excited for me! Really, she was....we discussed the many different flavors in depth and decided we would take a girls trip someday! So after dinner (which was yummy!) we quickly cleaned up and sat down together to enjoy them.
Here are the heavenly treats....black and white (which is Belgian chocolate and vanilla frosting), vanilla, strawberry, and red velvet. Aren't they pretty?!
We split all 4 cupcakes in half and each savored each flavor. (Shane was getting a little annoyed that I kept taking pictures and not letting him dive into the cupcakes!)

So after blissfully indulging into the treats we rated the 4 into our favorites (don't get me wrong they were all GREAT!)
Least yummy: vanilla
Pretty scrumptious: black and white
Sinfully delightful: a tie between red velvet and strawberry!!!!
So if you live in the DFW then you need to at least TRY Sprinkles...yes they are more pricey than grocery store cupcakes but they are worth it for an occasional treat! I think I need them again next week as my End of Summer of treat.....sounds great to me!

Well that was a Friday night date...it ended with adding more details to Lincoln's room but I will save those pictures until the room is 100% complete which I hope is soon!
Well I am off to dream about yummy cupcakes!
Carrie

3 comments:

  1. Maybe that should be a first day back to work treat for 3rd grade!!! Take care and enjoy your last week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE Sprinkles!!! I am so jealous. I will have to visit there again soon! :) My mouth is watering right now...ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUUUMMM! Looks so much better than anything from Magnolia, even though Magnolia is quite delicious!

    ReplyDelete