Sunday, January 16, 2011

Snow Day! (and 15 month checkup)

Texas has some crazy weather, so we got to enjoy a day of snow. Lincoln loved to watch it fall.
He was ok with the snow for the first 5 minutes.....
but it soon became cold and he was done with the snow. He is more of a 70 degree weather baby.
We were happy to spend the rest of the day inside enjoying looking at the snow.
I have fallen off the wagon of updating monthly on Lincoln so I think every 3 months will have to do now. This is more of a scrapbook for me to remember. So here is what Lincoln is up to now......
  • Lincoln still weighs about 22 lbs and hasn't gained much weight since his 12 month appointment. The doctor wasn't too concerned and thinks he will be long/ lean little boy.
  • Lincoln is BUSY! I didn't know if he would be since Shane and I were pretty calm babies but he is constantly on the move. He started really walking right after Thanksgiving and has not been still since then. He is not a climber so I am thankful for that.
  • Lincoln's vocabulary is pretty average for his age. He uses about 4 words on a daily basis (momma, dadda, uh-oh, and no) and is mimic on most other words. He follows directions pretty well and can answer Shane and I's questions to him. When he doesn't want something he will let you know by saying "No No No" and shaking his head with his eyes closed. It is pretty clear and it drives his Nena crazy. She is working on "No thank you" with him.
  • He is one funny kid. Shane and I are constantly laughing at him which becomes a problem when he is in trouble. We are not so good at keeping a straight face. He can be a toot as well. He will chose a favorite person each day and that is the only person who he wants.

(Seriously who can say no to that face?!)

He is still a very good sleeper. He goes down about 7:30 with his music and blankie and sleeps until 6:30 when it's time for school. He takes 2 naps a day which vary in length.

  • We are still in love with his "school". He is in a class with 5 other babies. It is 5 boys and 1 girl so it is pretty rough and tumble in there. Lincoln is one of the smallest in there but it doesn't stop him. He thinks he can play with the big boys and not get hurt. We usually have about 2 bruises a week from something he did. We love his teachers and I will be sad when he has to move to another class next year. They love his silly personality and put up with his tootiness.
  • This boy still loves to eat! He will pretty much eat whatever we give him and doesn't turn his nose up to much. He loves his fruit and veggies and is not a big meat eater. We had to move the snack bucket up because he would dig around in there and get whatever he wanted.
  • He has 4 teeth on top, 3 on bottom and the 4 molars are all coming in now (yes, please say a prayer about that!)
  • Lincoln had tubes put in the week of Thanksgiving and it has helped so much. He will stick his fingers in his ears because he can now hear a difference. We have learned Lincoln is a germ magnet. This winter he has caught viral infections, stomach bugs, and nasty coughs. I am praying for spring to get here so we can be healthy!

This fireman hat has become a favorite lately. He will put it on and wait for someone to clap or laugh at him. He usually gets a laugh because he usually wears it backwards or sideways. It is so sad that no one pays any attention to him.

Lincoln is a pretty fun kid right now! He is looking more and more like a little boy and less like a baby.

2 comments:

  1. I love the many faces he makes, it cracks me up!!!! He is so adorable!!!! We need to work on GIGI to his vocabulary and maybe by March when we come down he will be able to say it!!!And I can be his favorite for the day!!! Miss you all and I cannot wait for March. Lots of hugs and kisses!!!
    Love GIGI

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there,
    I think he communicates quite well.
    He certainly can get me to do whatever he wants.
    Love him to death
    Love you,
    Grandaddy

    ReplyDelete