Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day

I am a lucky gal to have such as a great dad. My dad has always been there for me during every stage of life. He was a very hands on dad when we were babies to going to all sporting events during high school. I am sure my dad was not thrilled to attend all the dance recitals or drill team performances but he never complained and always (appeared!) to be happy with it. My dad is one of the funniest people I know. Sometimes it is "old man" humor but sometimes it is stitch popping humorous (really I popped one of my c-section stitches and I know it was because of him!) My dad has been my rock during some of my darkest days (I remember the minute we found out about Lincoln's condition, my dad was on his phone cancelling his business trip and telling work that he was out for the week because he needed to be there instead) and my encourager and cheerleader.He has taught all of his children valuable lessons from being money smart to how to an upstanding person in this crazy society. But most importantly, he and my mom have shown me what it means to have a Christ-centered marriage to put God first and all others next. Thanks for everything!

My dad is an excellent Grandaddy. I think he loves his grandchildren more than us. He loves all of his grandchildren and will brag on each whenever he gets the chance!

Having a chat with Lincoln, probably telling him that he needed to jump out of that joint.
At Cadillac Ranch with all the kiddos

I have blessed to be able to watch Shane change into a great father as well. Since the day that Lincoln was born, Shane's whole world has changed and his perspective as well. I was able to watch Shane defend his child (and wife) during those dark days in the beginning and he was my rock during that month when we were back and forth to the hospital. Shane is a hard worker ad would do whatever needed to be done to provide for his family. Lincoln thinks his daddy is the funniest person there is and enjoys hanging out with him. I can't wait for Lincoln to get older and watch as their relationship develop and grow. I know Shane is anxious for the day of baseball games and going fishing but I know he enjoys these baby days. Thank for being a great daddy to Lincoln!
I love this picture because you can see where Shane's main focus turned to (please excuse my puffy self!)
A little daddy/son time in the hospital
Watching the games
I hope you all enjoyed your Father's Day! I hope to post pictures from our crazy week soon!

1 comment:

  1. Hey there,
    Thanks so much for the kind words, they brought tears to my eyes. I am intensely proud of all you kids and the parents you have become to my grandkids. I am also proud of the men you and Jordan have chosen, they are good and hard-working, and caring, a rare breed today.
    Thanks for a great father's day.
    Love you
    Dad

    ReplyDelete