Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Christmas cards

If you know me at all then you know I am holiday lover. From 4th of July to Christmas, I get excited about them all! It drives Shane crazy that I feel that all holidays need a big "tada" in order to celebrate. Christmas tops the list as the favorite but 4th of July comes as a close second.
I love everything about Christmas. The smells, looking at Christmas lights, being with family, the food, the buying of gifts and so on. Growing up my family always decked out the house (my mom felt that the decorations needed to spread throughout the house and look like Christmas had thrown up in one room, which I am sure drove my dad "The Grinch" crazy). I am excited to be in a new house (bigger too) that I can decorate this year.

Starting around Thanksgiving checking the mail gets exciting too. You are start to notice a lot more than just bills, Christmas cards arrive! I love to see how families have grown and changed and what cute idea they came up with for a picture. Our family has already tried to coordinate in our picture, some years good and some not so good. I am excited to send our family cards this year, it is on my to do list next week so they can be in the mail the week after Thanksgiving.
Here are a few I am considering....

http://www.shutterfly.com/cards-stationery/holiday-cards/fa-lala-christmas-card-5x7-flat?sortType=1&storeNode=93476

http://www.shutterfly.com/cards-stationery/cards-stationery/love-stockings-christmas-card-5x7-flat?sortType=1&storeNode=93476

http://www.shutterfly.com/cards-stationery/cards-stationery/peppermint-bliss-christmas-card-5x7-flat

I have Shutterfly for Lincoln's birth announcements and last year's Christmas card and I have been pleased with both cards. Easy to use and decent prices!

For all you bloggers out there, use this link to receive 50 (yes 50!) free Christmas cards.
http://bit.ly/sfly2010

Another question for all you out there, where do you put your Christmas cards you receive? I usually put them on the fridge but they take up too much space and I now have a little boy who pulls everything off and tries to shove things under the fridge. So where do your cards go?!

3 comments:

  1. I am going to decorate a cute frame or board & put them up in our playroom & change them up every year. It is a cute way to post up all my friends. I saw someone do this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there,
    Your mother has a holder that sort of fans them out and displays them at the same time.
    As far as the "grinch" moniker, not fair. I'm just not as exuberant as your mother in my celebrations. And finally, my favorite holiday is Thanksgiving..great food, great snuggle time, no gifts.
    Love you,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Decorating secert
    Tuck holiday cards in among the branches of a miniature tree to keep sentiments from loved ones close by. Cute on a side table in any room!!!!
    Love GiGi

    ReplyDelete