Thursday, August 4, 2011

Our week in Kansas

I am way late on this post but our computer needed a little work so we just got it back today.

After our vacation, Lincoln and I spent a week in Kansas with Shane's parents. Our family of 3 stayed the first weekend together visiting Shane's grandparents then Shane went home for the week. Shane's parents drove Lincoln and I home the following weekend.

While in Kansas, we visited the Nimz family farm. Teh farm holds a special place to Shane and we never get out there so this was our chance. There is little shade and it was HOT! I think Shane would live there in a heartbeat, so watch if I die any time soon!

Shane and his grandfather at the farm
Despite being hot, Lincoln wanted outside any chance he got that week.

We had lots of things planned for our week in Kansas. On Sunday, we took Lincoln to his first theatre movie ever. Winnie Pooh seemed like the best choice since it was the shortest.Yeah, that plan didn't last too long. I think he lasted about 20 minutes of the hour long movie. Luckily the theatre wasn't too crowded so we sat in the back and he was able to walk (run) from one side to the other and hang on the rails. I think he missed the last 10 minutes because he was arguing and fighting with me and making too much noise so I took him out and he ran up and down the empty hall. Oh well, we will try again next year!

Lots of playing around at Gigi and Pappy's house. I think they were a little shocked at how messy (and quickly) a house can get!

On afternoon, we took Lincoln to a new waterpark in their town. He is my little fish so I knew he would love it! They had slides and a lazy river and he was not interested at all with the baby pool area. Gigi coaxed Lincoln onto a "family slide", pretty much no height requirement but he had to ride on his own not in her lap. The first few times down the slide his face was not a happy one but as soon as he got down he wanted more. Soon he was smiling down the slide and loving it. I thrilled with him this summer and his fearless attitude.

Sweet water baby!

After a week in Kansas, we made the trek home and Lincoln enjoyed a weekend with his grandparents in his house. Seriously, this boy could live outside in the heat and have no complaints.

Enjoying some man time with his Grandaddy and Pappy

I never take enough pictures and document all the fun we had but we had a lot of fun. I know Lincoln's Gigi and Pappy enjoyed having him longer than a few days this time.

1 comment:

  1. We had so much fun!!! I really enjoyed the time we had together!! Thank you so much for spending a week with us!!It took awhile to get all the toys put away, but it was sure fun making a mess!! Love and kisses Pappy and GiGi

    ReplyDelete