Saturday, February 18, 2012

35 weeks...that's 5 weeks left people!

How far along: 35 weeks

Size of the baby: Baby girl is the size of a butternut squash.

Maternity clothes: Nothing new with my clothes but the weather is starting to get warmer which means I may get to wear a few of the spring shirts I bought with Lincoln that I haven't worn yet since the seasons were off. I think I need a new shirt for my showers though.

Gender: GIRL! Lola Claire!

Sleeping: I am waking more and more throughout the night for bathroom breaks. I can usually go back to sleep pretty easily which is nice. I do wake up with a sore shoulder since I have to sleep on my left side.

What I miss: Sleeping on my stomach! This was a big thing for me when I was pregnant with Lincoln and I guess it still is. I am also missing the absence of stranger comments to me (does that makes sense?) I had few strange (inappropriate) comments when I was pregnant with Lincoln but not this time around! Seriously, when it is ok to ever tell someone "Wow, you look huge!" or "You have doubled in size!" both of those were said by women. I am ready for those comments to stop but I still have 5 more weeks.

Symptoms: I have the lovely sharp pain by my ribs that I had with Lincoln with the occasional back aches. I have started to have the low pressure but no other labor symptoms so I think she is going to "cook" longer.

Cravings: Rice krispie treats! I made some for Lincoln's class and I was super mad that I didn't make any for the house. But that did save me from eating a pan by myself because I probably could.

Best Moment: Getting my shower invites in the mail. There coming up fast and I am super pumped about them! I have bought very little for her because I am waiting to see what she gets at the showers then I am sure I will go crazy buying for her!
We had our hospital tour Monday night. I loved seeing where we would go and the size of the rooms (so stinkin' SMALL!) It made it all very real for me!
Looking forward to my doctor's appointment next Thursday. I think she said we would have another sono to check for any last minute problems and check her position but I am pretty sure she is head down.

I can't believe we are 5 weeks (or less!) from her coming! I am hoping next week to get lots checked off our To Do list in my head!

1 comment:

  1. Carrie I made some rice krispie treats for my class on Valentine's day and I watched one of my kids get his square, take the TINIEST bite, and walk and put it in the trash! Talk about almost crying!!!! I wanted to say "ARE YOU KIDDING ME? HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND?" lol

    ReplyDelete