Lincoln had tubes (again) last Tuesday then started getting his nasty cough Wednesday. we thought it could be croup again but the cough was awful! After a restless night Wednesday night due to many tears (by Lincoln and I both) and lots of coughing, we went to the doctor. She ordered a chest xray and bloodwork to just make sure we weren't missing anything major. I was so nervous of what they COULD have found. Came back with pneumonia, yuck! Thankfully he did not have to be hospitalized. We were sent home with lots of medicine and breathing treatments around the clock.
I am happy to say that after a week we are back to his normal, asthmatic self! We have an appointment with a lung specialist next week so hopefully we can get a better reason for his constant cough.
I was sad that we had to deal with pneumonia but I am thankful that it was a quick week and we didn't end up in the hospital. I found out this week that a dear friend has her 1 month old in the hospital with pneumonia. It is a scary thing and I am ready for winter to be over!

I'm glad your sweet boy is feeling better! Pneumonia is a scary illness, especially for little kids!
ReplyDelete