Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Lincoln~ 3 years

This year was a little harder for me to swallow that Lincoln was a year older. He has changed so much from 2 to 3. He is no longer a baby and just a little boy.
 
Stats:
Height 37 inches
Weight 32 1/2 lbs
The doctor said he was not too fat, not too skinny, not too tall or not too short, he was just average. I think he is pretty skinny.
 
Personality:
Lincoln is quite the jokester. He loves to make people laugh and he does it without trying. He is usually pretty easy going and will just go with the flow with whatever needs to be done. He rarely throws fits and only has moments of tantrums. Tantrums usually come when he is overly tired or sick and he can be talked out of those pretty quick. Shane and I have had many conversations about how lucky we are that he is pretty "easy" most of the time. Yes, he has his moments but overall, we got lucky.
He loves to play pretend. If you are upstairs with him chances are you and him will be wearing some form of hat. 
Eating:
Lincoln is still a great eater. His favorites are pizza (he could eat it everyday), pancakes, donuts, poptarts, pork chops, fruit snacks, oranges, and chocolate milk. He eats pretty much any vegetable or fruit. If we call any meat chicken then he is likely to eat it. The only thing he will not eat is potatoes unless they are french fries. He won't eat them baked, broiled or mashed. Yes, we know he is strange. I don't make him eat them because it's not worth the fight. He loves to eat the "train place" aka our local McDonald's or "Chick f play". He is not much of a snacker anymore and sticks to mostly 3 meals a day and that is it. He does have to have one snack of fruit snacks when he gets home from school.

Sleeping:
Lincoln is still our champion sleeper. He has been in his big boy bed since last summer and he has NEVER gotten out of his bed ONCE! Really he hasn't! When he wakes up he will talk or sing to himself or read a book if one was left in his bed. During the week, he goes to bed about 7:15 and we wake him up about 6:15-6:30 for school. He doesn't like to be woken up but I can't blame him. Some mornings are great and he is helpful but some mornings are a beating on us all! We have more good mornings than bad. On the weekends he takes one long nap around an hour and a half to two hours. I will be sad when that ends since I can get both kids to sleep at the same time. If he misses a nap then most days he is manageable but it is easier on us all if he naps. He doesn't nap well at school (he never has) so that is why he has an early bed time. He does not sleep in pull ups anymore! This was a crazy one for me because we just tried it one day and never went back. We have had one accident in the night. He goes right before bed and when he wakes up.
School
Lincoln LOVES his school. The first two weeks were hard on him but now he wants to go. He is in the red room and it is more like preschool than a daycare. He has an assigned seat and comes home learning more and more. He loves being around his friends and we talk about his friends all the time. We have very few days when I get a bad report from his teachers. Most of the time he has been wrestling with one of his closest buddies. When he talk about why we can't wrestle at school, he says "But he my fiend." Who can argue with that?! He is all boy!

Illnesses
I can't write an update about Lincoln without including his sick report. Lincoln was diagnosed with asthma right after his 2nd birthday and now sees a pulmonologist in Dallas. I am so thankful that he was labeled with asthma and he is getting the treatment he needs. He is on a daily schedule of meds and we increase it when his allergies get bad. His asthma is triggered by allergies and a sinus infection. As soon as we see a runny nose, we start the "as needed" list and it is quite long! If Shane and I catch it early enough and stay on top of his meds then he can bounce back in a few days. The problem is that he can go from feeling ok to sounding and feeling TERRIBLE in a day or two! This is probably the hardest part about raising Lincoln. I don't battle his eating or sleeping or attitude but we struggle with keeping him healthy. It hurts so much to see him sick and know I am doing all I can. I am sure he would be healthier if I could stay home with him full time but that is not in the cards. So far he has only missed two days this year, that is an improvement from last year! He keep hearing he could grow out of these allergies so we will see.

Potty Training
Lincoln was showing no interest at all last school year. I just knew he would never get it because he didn't talk about it and could have cared less. We went to KS about a month after Lola was born and the night we got home he didn't want to wear a wet diaper anymore. The rest was history! I hate to say it but he was pretty easy to potty train. He was two and a half and he pretty much did it himself. I can't take any credit for it since daycare did most of the work and we waited until Lincoln was ready himself. I pray my future kids will be this easy.
Things he loves:
  • Mickey Mouse and Jake and the Neverland Pirates (we watch a lot of these due to breathing treatments.
  • playing baseball or football
  • going to baseball or football games
  • his cousins
  • wrestling
  • fruit snacks or candy corn
  • being outside
  • reading books
I am sure there is more about this boy that I missing but I can't think anymore. He is so much fun and makes us laugh everyday. I can't wait to see what this year has in store for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment