Thursday, October 28, 2010

Under one roof

October 28,2009 was the one of the greatest days of my life. I was able to walk out of the hospital with my baby with no tubes or nurses. It was a great feeling! I am shocked I was not running down the sidewalk to the car!
We waited a long month to have this sweet baby in our car, in our home, and most important in our arms.
The night we got Lincoln home was spent with lots of cuddles and staring at him as if we hadn't seen him before. It was start of our family together.
October 28, 2009 was the end of the long journey in the NICU and the start of our family at home.
Don't we look exhausted! We were!
Now a year later, we have this crazy, busy, free standing boy! Sweet boy!

2 comments:

  1. Hey there,
    Those pictures bring back a flood of emotions. The primary one of helplessness as the events unfolded, but also a sort of broken joy about feeling that you guys had finally moved beyond the ordeal. Hospitals tend to be such a cauldron of faith, hopelessness, exhilaration, dispair, hope, tears, laughter, and determination.
    But you finally brought the boy home. He is such a joy.
    Love you, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that day! We were all so excited that Lincoln was finally getting to come home. I can't imagine what you and Shane were feeling on that day. I love the last picture of Lincoln! He sure has grown up! He is as cute as ever!

    ReplyDelete