Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011-Nimz style

This year we celebrated Thanksgiving with Shane's family in Kansas. We left Tuesday and didn't come home until Sunday. Spending that many days makes the 8 hour car trip not so hard. Plus, Lincoln did FANTASTIC! Really, he is the master car trip taker! He never got fussy and we only stopped twice!

I never take enough pictures when I am there and pretty much all my pictures are of Lincoln alone and no one else. I promise there were more people there and I am sad that I didn't take more pictures.

The weather was nice, cool but manageable outside. We let Lincoln play outside quite a bit since it wasn't too cold. Shane's parents, Gigi and Pappy, have bought many great outside toys that will entertain this boy for a long time.

He loved the new play cabin outside.
Very thankful for these two boys!

He was in love with his toy race car. He has been in it before but always needed help pushing the pedal but not this time. He could reach by himself and he was all about this car. He was not happy when he needed to share. We will definitely have some sharing issues in the future.

Lincoln also discovered this lawnmower in the barn and it was attached to him from this picture on. He has one at home but this one was more special and it went EVERYWHERE with him! He had to keep it outside his room when he napped.

Thursday night, Shane's cousin and her kids joined the fun. Lincoln felt like a big kid with these two around.

We spent lots of time resting (I took a nap everyday we were there), shopped at midnight for Black Friday, visited his grandparents, ate so much, celebrated Christmas and threw Shane a surprise 30th party (post coming soon!) It was a lot packed into those 5 days but very worth the trip.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a great trip! What a smiley little boy he has become!

    ReplyDelete