Monday, December 14, 2009

Shane is the BIG 28!

Our weekend was filled with festivities, Christmas party and birthday celebrations! I will start with Shane's birthday. Shane could care less about his birthday (and pretty much everyone's) but he married me and I love all types of parties, especially birthdays. (I always tell him it is better to celebrate your birthday because if you aren't having birthdays then you are no longer with us on Earth....I would be much happier to celebrate!)

So for Shane's birthday, he got presents, had cherry cobbler, ate his favorite meals, and got lots of lovin' from his baby boy! It has been a great day for him!

My two boys before Shane left for work (I think your birthday should be a paid holiday from work). Lincoln got Shane a mug that says "My Dad Rocks!"....he loves it! (Can't you tell the excitement on his face!)

I realized I haven't posted in awhile about Lincoln's progress so I thought I would update any readers. Lincoln is an eating machine! His last swallow test (the week before Thanksgiving) shows that he could start drinking nectar and a half rather than honey in a half. This is a big improvement and Lincoln has done great with it so far. He is eating 4 1/2 to 5 oz each feeding (and I think would take more at some). He has been to the development specialist once and she thinks he is doing great but still a little small and a little weak with his neck muscles. Lincoln now weighs 9 lbs and 15 oz (probably 10 lbs now!) and the pediatrician is happy with his weight gain. Lincoln is still going to Vitalstim 3 times a week and will continue until end of January. Since he had a great result from his last swallow test, the doctors believe that the Vitalstim is helping him improve so we are doing another 6 weeks of it. It gets a little tiring going back 3 times a week to the hospital for therapy but if it is working then it is worth it. In all other aspects Lincoln is a happy boy. He is sleeping great at night and better during the day. He is still having reflux issues but we are trying out different doses of 2 medications so hopefully we can find something that works. So that is where we stand with Lincoln.

Sweet smiling boy!
Yet another Christmas outfit. Lincoln has not worn any non-holiday outfit since the day after Thanksgiving. (His socks have reindeers on them with a red ball for the nose....pretty stinkin' cute!)



3 comments:

  1. I love Lincoln's sweet little smile! Happy Birthday Shane, hope you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday to Shane and happy eating to Lincoln. I know he will continue to improve and that will make both of his parents very happy.
    XXXnenaXXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there,
    Birthday party was great, my kids are married to some people who are getting old. My dad said he knew he was getting old when he realized his kids were middle-aged. Happy Birthday,Shane, you look great for your age!
    Lincoln is just getting cuter every day. I still can't figure why you make him do push-ups all the time, it makes me cranky too.
    Anyway, great time at the party.
    Love you,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete