Thursday, September 24, 2009

I can see the end!

Well this could possibly be my last of being pregnant so I thought I would jot down a few thoughts about this pregnancy!

This pregnancy was a complete surprise and shock to Shane and I (and I think everyone else that knows us!) but we are blessed and thrilled! I still at times wonder how Shane and I are going to do it because I don't feel grown up yet. (I tell my mom that we are going to "wing it" and that makes her nervous!)

So as my last few days (maybe hours!) of being pregnant I will post what I have loved and not so loved about being pregnant!

What I will NOT miss about being pregnant (always start with the negative!)
  • Gaining the weight....I know you have to for the baby but it is no fun to think of getting it off!
  • Being tired all the time!
  • Body aches towards the end....my knees hurt so bad
  • Carpal tunnel syndrome in my fingers....not sure if that is what it is called when you are pregnant but it is all the same symptoms (fingers are always tingling, fingers cramp up and hurt!!!!)
  • Not sleeping due to having to pee, it just takes so much time to get comfortable again in bed
  • Not getting to travel
  • Not having a wide variety of clothes to wear....during the summer it was ok but since starting back to work I have had to wear many of the same outfits over and over!

What I will miss about being pregnant

  • Feeling Lincoln move....he has not been a real active baby but towards the end he has been
  • Wondering who he will look like
  • Wondering about his personality...Shane and I were pretty opposite as babies and young children so I am interested of who he will become
  • Having an excuse that no one can argue with.....this goes for many aspects in life (working out, cooking, what I eat, cleaning)

That is about all I can think of now. It has been an adventure and I know I have been blessed to be on this rollercoaster called pregnancy but I will be happy to see it over!

The next time I blog we might have a baby!!!

Until next time!

5 comments:

  1. Hey there,
    We are glad you are close to the finish line. It is time to get the little guy out here where we can all share.
    That list you made about not liking pregnancy is what it feels like to be 50+ every day!
    Anyway, can't wait for Tuesday.
    Love you
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you are near the end of this, also. I think God worked it out so that new moms would be so uncomfortable with the pregnancy that they would be really ready to have the baby, even though having the baby brings its' own set of complications. But there's the good stuff, too. Hang in there just a very few more days.
    XXXnenaXXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to meet him!

    Aunt Marihelen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad that the time has come for you and Shane to meet and hold your bundle of joy!!!There are no words to describe the love and joy that warms your heart the moment your precious son is born!!! A child is a wonderful gift and We are so excited to meet our first grandson!!! Lots of Love Mom and Dad Nimz

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to meet little Lincoln. I remember meeting Isaiah for the first time and giving birth to the girls, there is no feeling like seeing your child for the first time. Cherish every moment, they go way too fast!

    ReplyDelete