Wednesday, September 2, 2009

His room is finally ready!

I had hoped to post more often than once a week but back to school has been a little hectic this year! We are in the second week of school and I get home late almost every day due to getting ready for my maternity leave....not fun to plan 8 weeks in about 3 weeks!

In baby news, he finally turned!!!! YAY, no more breach baby! I am praying he stays in this position and stays put for awhile. The doctor did tell me that he is measuring big which makes me a little nervous for selfish reasons but she said there is nothing to worry about (yet!) I have exactly 5 weeks until my due date but I am thinking he will be here in 4 weeks so I am planning on that but hoping for the 5 weeks. I am experiencing the achy joints and swollen feet but nothing too major except I am very tired after school and I rest all weekend. I go to the doctor on Friday so maybe I will more news then.

Now to the really fun part....Lincoln's finished nursery! I didn't really have a theme but I knew I wanted to use a little sock monkey with reds, navys, and light blues. My talented mother made all the bedding and curtains and I love the look. It is not too babyish so it can grow with him and I can add more big boy themes to it as he gets older.



Here is the dresser/ changing table.....the changing pad has sock monkeys all over it and I think it is my favorite fabric in the room.
The pillows inside his bed (yes they will be moved when he starts to sleep there but for now they take over his bed.) The pillows are a combo of all the fabrics used in the room.
The crib altogether. The sign above his bed says "No more monkeys jumping on the bed", I love it! I am going to hang 2 pics above his bed but I haven't yet.
The "L" wall. I stole this off another blog and I loved the idea of having various Ls in the room. My mom, sister. and mother-in-law did lots of looking for me and I have a great variety of Ls.

The "reading center". The books are hanging in planters (idea from my sister) and hopefully it will keep my books from getting ripped to shreds (for awhile at least!)
Well that is Lincoln's room, hopefully he will like it! Shane didn't understand why he needed all the color coordination but he finally shut up about it and helped make it complete!
Maybe I will be back soon for a blog of doctor's appointment news, Lamaze class, and maybe a belly pic!
Until next time,
Carrie



2 comments:

  1. I LOVE HIS ROOM! SO CUTE:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute!! I love the books in the planters idea!! I should use that for my classroom!! :)

    ReplyDelete