Monday, September 14, 2009

Lincoln's baby "wash"

I had my first baby shower on Saturday (the reason for the title is that I had a student last year who told me that he went to a baby wash for his cousin....pretty cute!)
It was a great shower consisting of yummy brunch food, great friends and family, precious gifts and no games! All my favorite things. Lincoln got lots of goodies and lots of clothes. I am thinking he will not have to repeat any outfits in his first year! (well maybe the cute ones he can repeat!)
I put my sister in charge of taking pictures on her awesome camera so these are the few that I stole from her blog and I am waiting on the rest (hint, hint Jordan!)
The amazing baby boy goody tub that Jordan and her family gave me. I think everything in it was a favorite, especially the Lincoln Mom shirt that I will proudly wear after he makes his appearance!

Miss Phoebe got to make the trip with Jordan and enjoy the shower. Her favorite part was the cupcakes...when she heard "Cupcake time" she came running from the bathroom! This girl knows what she likes! I am just happy that she chose to share with me!
It was a wonderful shower! Thanks a bunch to Casey and Brooke for all your work!
Now for the really exciting news.....we have a date set! Lincoln is still breach (at 37 weeks) so the doctor went ahead and scheduled a c-section for September 29 at noon! His birthday will be 9/29/09, pretty fun date! If he doesn't turn (I am thinking he won't but I can always be surprised!) then we will have him here in 2 weeks!!!! That is very exciting and I am ready for him to be here but it also makes me anxious with all the little things that still need to be done!
Well that is about it! I will post if he changes positions since I know that everyone is waiting on that exciting news!
Until next time,
Carrie

3 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for You! How fun! Can't wait to see more pictures of all those cute things!! I didn't get to see the Lincoln Mom shirt so post one of those for me! I'm sure it's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there
    It just makes me smile when I see you. Like the rest, I can't wait to meet the little guy.
    On another note, I can't believe you got a taste of the cupcake, she refused everyone on this end.
    Hang in there, just a little longer
    Love you, see you soon
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad I was able to make it to your shower. You have been such a trooper. I honestly can't believe how strong you have been through the first few weeks of school (and After the Bell). I can't wait to meet little Lincoln. Believe me, I'll be up there on the 29th if you are up for visitors. Hope class went well tonight! Take care!!!

    ReplyDelete