Saturday, September 5, 2009

Maternity pictures and Doctor updates

I debated whether or not take maternity pictures since we just had engagement and wedding pictures (which we "oodles" to look through) and Shane despises having his picture made (and it makes the whole experience not so fun). But after much thought and advice from friends, we went ahead and had them done. We found a very reasonable photographer who would give us the cd with our prints so I felt it was a good decision. I knew if we didn't get them made then one day I would look back and regret it. So here a few that we had made.....





I went to the doctor yesterday and discovered that our son is already stubborn with a mind of his own....he has turned AGAIN and is in the breach position at almost 36 weeks. My doctor was surprised (but for some reason I had a gut feeling that he was!) and doesn't "think" he will turn back to the right position (yet he did it once so I am hoping he will again). So she told me to get used the idea of a c-section at 39 weeks, so my mind is prepared for just that. I am getting a little anxious knowing that he will be here in probably 3 weeks! The doctor said even if he does turn then she will probably induce a week early because he is measuring big and she doesn't want it be traumatic for me (I agree with that!) So I am gearing myself up for having Lincoln in roughly 3 weeks....crazy! I think we are ready here at the house but school is a whole different issue so I try not to think about it!
That is about all the exciting news here at the Nimz house. We are spending our weekends doing nothing and I am enjoying it. Our world will be changing very soon so it is nice to relax now!
Until next time,
Carrie



5 comments:

  1. Hey there little girl,
    The nice thing about this entire pregnancy thing is that it goes ahead and happens, ready or not. You two are as ready as anybody can be.
    I'm thinking that you may be paying for your raising, 9 1/2 lbs and backing into this world was your trick, it looks like little Mr. Lincoln is attempting the same trick.
    Praying for you every day
    Love you
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carrie!! I just discovered your blog through facebook and I'm so excited to see pictures of your little boy SOON!! Sorry that he has turned around--but maybe he'll turn again before it's time for him to come! Your maternity pictures look great! hope you keep feeling okay during the next 3 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're pictures are so good! You look beautiful! Aren't you glad you did them!! I've had fun making the slings. I hope they work but if they are too small or too big I can adjust them. I'm going to
    make Pheobe's matching sling tomorrow! They are so tiny and so cute! And both of yours are done so I'll get them to Jordan on Wednesday! If you want any more just mail me the fabric. Now that I remember how to do them it literally takes me 30 minutes! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures Carrie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, such sweet pictures! I can't beleive he is almost here! I'm so excited to meet him and so excited for the two of you! You'll be wonderful parents :)

    ReplyDelete