Monday, February 8, 2010

A couple of firsts for Lincoln

Lincoln has a couple of firsts since I last blogged. The first was eating cereal. I just knew that Lincoln would be thrilled to eat something besides milk. Since the day he was allowed to eat in the NICU (with the thickener so he was aspirating) he was a champ at eating and would about eat your hand off if you were not quick enough with the food. Plus Lincoln is already used to thicker formula so I didn't think we would have a problem with the consistency. Boy was I wrong! Lincoln HATES cereal! He wants nothing to do with and cries whenever I try to feed it to him. I don't know if it is the texture, taste or the use the spoon (which I don't think it is because we have let him taste a VERY small bite of a yummy dairy dessert and he gobbled it off the spoon). But cereal is not his favorite yet. It has only been a week so we are still trying but so far Lincoln is not convinced that this stuff is good for me.

Lincoln is fine if you are not making him eat the cereal.
Lincoln has a swallow test at 3:00 today and we are going to try and eat cereal and see where it is going. Hopefully he will start to like it better, I am ready to give him better tasting food!
Lincoln's second first was the Super Bowl. Shane is a Colts fan (always has been and always will be) so Lincoln and he were dressed for the big game against the Saints.

I am in love with this picture! It is very rare to get Lincoln to smile for the camera but here is his precious, toothless grin! (I know Lincoln looks JUST like Shane so I am happy I carried him for 9 months to prove that he is mine!)
Practicing "Touchdown!"

It was a sad night after the game but Lincoln had already gone to bed so he wasn't too upset. There is always next year!
As I said before Lincoln has a swallow test at 3:00 and we are praying that he can drink regular formula with no thickener. It would save us a lot of time, money and one less thing to worry about. I am hoping to blog the results tonight or tomorrow (but probably with no pictures!)



2 comments:

  1. cute, cute pics! He is one precious little boy! :)
    My kids hated cereal so we skipped it & waited a month or two and started vegetables/fruits. I might just skip it on my next one too! Sorry for Shane about the Colts! cute pic though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eli and Phoebe didn't really like rice cereal either....UNLESS I put baby applesauce or pears in it! :) I wouldn't put him through all that, either. Just wait for the test results and see what happens.

    I'm sorry about Shane's night, but at least you got a GREAT pic! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete