Valentine's weekend will always hold a special place in Shane's and I memories.
February 13
th, 2009 I didn't feel the greatest and felt I had food
poisoning from Wendy's but turns out I was about a month and half pregnant. I came home took a pregnancy test (so I could rule out being pregnant, boy was I wrong!) and I was shock when the results came. I don't have cute pictures from that day because I truly was in shock and had other mixed emotions which made it a little hard to be
excited. Once the shock set in and we decided when to tell our families (about 2 weeks later, yes I kept it a secret that long!) I was excited and ready for the adventure. We have come a long way in just a year and we always remember February 13
th as the day we learned our family was about to grow!
This year I wanted to start a few traditions to continue as Lincoln grows. To start the V-day celebrations, I made heart-shaped pancakes and bacon Saturday morning. (My mom gave me this nifty tool called a "Pancake Pen" and it works great to make
pancakes in different shapes. Very cool!)
Here is our plate of hearts.

We didn't do much on Saturday, but for V-day dinner we had
fajitas and chocolate fondue for dessert. (I have to give props to my sister for letting me steal her idea for that dinner, she started the same tradition dinner and her kiddos love it!) We had my parents and bro and
SIL over for V-day dinner.
Nena fed Lincoln his dinner of cereal. He is getting better at it (once we added some
apple juice for flavor.)

Fondue...
Yummo!

Lincoln loved the Valentines celebrations! (His shirt says "World
Champion Heartbreaker")

Lincoln wore his Nebraska
jammies since they were red (and to support his big cousin Jesse Allen who plays football for Nebraska, Go Big Red!)

And tonight we ended the holiday with reading our Valentines book, Baby Cakes.

It was a nice, relaxing Valentines Day. Can't wait to continue the traditions.
I have to add my great presents from my boys. I got a James Avery "Mommy" charm from Lincoln and a small video recorder from Shane, I need to learn to use and get some videos of Lincoln talking on here.
Hope your Valentine's was all you wanted it to be!
Glad you had a good Valentines. Can't wait to see and hear Lincoln's cute little laugh!
ReplyDeleteWhile fondue may be fun, no one looks like they are having any in your picture! Especially Dad. He looks like he's thinking, "This is waaaay too much work for food."
ReplyDeleteLincoln is such a cutie!!
Love the pics!! The fondue looks AMAZING and I want fondue now!!
ReplyDelete