Yes the term "Arctic Blast" has been used A LOT in the last 48 hours here in
DFW (at least I didn't say blizzard like I heard one reporter say). I know it is not the snow like on the east coast (or in KS) but for Texas this is a big deal. It started snowing Thursday morning about 3 am and did not stop until Friday morning about 6 am....and I mean DID NOT STOP! I think my kids at school were going to explode with excitement and had ants in their ants having to sit inside watching the snow fall (I did have to close my blinds in my classroom
because it didn't help with the test they were taking!) I was the kind teacher and let them run around the playground 10 minutes
before the bell and you would think they had never seen this stuff, which probably some never have!
Anyways in total the
DFW got an average of 10 inches or so (at my parents they measured 13 inches and could barely in
their driveway, it gets pretty hazardous in Glenn Heights!) Schools were closed so Lincoln and I are having a relaxing day at home. Lincoln didn't get to play in the snow yesterday but we ventured out this morning for a quick photo shoot. I think Lincoln didn't mind the snow but he hated the layers I dressed him (hey, he doesn't have a snowsuit...it is Texas) and the fact that I put socks on his hands which I am sure brought back terrible memories from the
NICU. The snow makes our street look pretty
except the large branch that broke off the neighbors across the street and is now blocking the street. It did not hit a
powerline so I am thankful for that!
This was taken before I left for school on Thursday while it was snowing. Lincoln was thrilled!

Shane and Lincoln on Friday morning....Lincoln looks like he is in a little shock.

Here is some of the neighbors trees down. He live on an older street and have many trees so we always branches down in bad weather. Luckily we got our trees trimmed
recently so we didn't have any fall.

Little boy loving the snow. This was before he actually touched the snow and then had a meltdown about being cold (he is
definitely related to my mom and sister!)

Our street

Our little house. The
crapemyrtle trees are a little saggy from all the snow.

Another large branch down (this is the one blocking the street)

One picture from the backyard. The part sticking up was a snowman my mom built yesterday when she was here. We got a lot of snow.

It has been pretty exciting around here. We missed our picture day at school, Valentines party day, and a Family Friendship Night at school but at least I got an extra day at home with Lincoln!
BURRRRRR I am glad you got the snow and not us!!!!! As Kevin said we are having Texas cold now, and it is nice that you are having Kansas cold!!! Pretty winter pictures they don't look like the belong in Texas. The picture of Lincoln could be a cute commerical look for mittens or Hot chocolate!!! Lots of love GiGi
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your snow day. It's kind of nice to be 'stuck' inside for a few days with your family.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see y'all this weekend!
Hey there,
ReplyDeleteWhat fun. Mr. L doesn't look all that thrilled with the snow. Shane doesn't even look that excited.
Enjoy the day, stay warm
Dad