Monday, February 22, 2010

Team Lincoln

During our stay in the NICU, I was able to read many inspiring stories from families who have benefited from March of Dimes. Most of the families had preemie babies who were in the NICU for long periods of time and some (sadly) never got to bring their sweet babies home. As the months have passed since Lincoln was released, I have become grateful for the situation that we were placed. Many of the families in the NICU spend MONTHS of learning a new "normal" for their family, spend countless hours and days going from hospital to home and back, have to readjust their lives of having their baby not under the own roof, and spend many hours on their knees praying for a miracle for their baby. Our family was one of the "lucky" ones who only had to do that for a month (yes I can now say I was one of the lucky ones). I don't know how so many mothers go months in that battle but they do.

March of Dimes is a nationwide organization that sets up walks all over the US. Donations from the walks go towards research to prevent premature birth and birth defects. Donations can also be used for financial help for the families in the NICU. The goal of March of Dimes is to someday have all babies be born healthy.

I have a started a team to walk on April 17 in Dallas for Team Lincoln (pretty catchy name!) to celebrate the journey that Lincoln has already ventured in this short life. If you would like to walk with us (it's only 5 miles, I think) then let me know and I will email you the link to join us. If you can't walk, then please donate to this cause. If you have had a baby in the NICU then you know the heartbreak and feelings that comes with it. If you have not had a baby in the NICU then count yourself lucky and donate to this wonderful cause.

Here is the link to the Team Lincoln page:
http://www.marchforbabies.org/s_team_page.asp?seid=1377316

Here is our little man
Lincoln after surgery
Lincoln has a come a long way from those pictures and a huge part goes to the experience and technology in that NICU. The other huge part was due to all of you who read and prayed for this little guy. Please help all those babies who are still walking that scary journey and donate.



2 comments:

  1. I remember praying and praying for you all during that difficult time. I can't imagine what you all went through. It is amazing how far he has come. He is such a cute little guy who brings joy to so many people. What a great way to say thank you and to help others at the same time. Can't wait to walk with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there,
    It pinches my heart to see your little guy like that. Those were troublesome times.
    I will walk and donate. Do you think they will let me carry my clubs?
    Love you,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete