Yes Lincoln has had radiation 4 times in his short little life, pretty crazy! Lincoln did great today. We started with just formula (the thinnest and "normal") and he only aspirated once with 2 oz. This is HUGE for Lincoln. The therapist thinks he aspirated because it was about 25 minutes past his meal time and he was chugging his milk. Probably if he would slow then he wouldn't have aspirated. So now we will start weaning him off the thickener, which will probably take about a month to totally get him used to straight formula. She also had Lincoln eat some cereal with the dye to see where it was going since we have had a battle with that. He took it much better when we thickened the cereal to almost a paste consistency, so it is a start!
Overall it was a great swallow test (probably our last, I was a little sad because I love Robin but I am also happy to never see her again!) It was wonderful results on a terrible weather day. It has rained all day but I enjoyed my day with Stinkin' Lincoln!
Thank you to everyone who has kept up with our crazy journey!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

That's GREAT news!
ReplyDeleteJust one step closer to a diet of Stawberry Cool-Whip! :)
Hey there,
ReplyDeleteUmm, the ship has sailed on the strawberry cool-whip..he loves it by the way.
Great news all around, he does eat with a certain purpose.
Love you,
Dad