Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Lincoln's Tailgate Party

I love throwing parties for birthday so having a baby gives me the perfect excuse to plan a great party once a year. I start thinking about his theme way in advance and let the ideas start early on. I saw a blog with a football tailgate party a few months ago and knew it was the one for Lincoln. His birthday falls right at the beginning of football season so I knew I could find all the decorations I needed. Shane was on board once I told him that I would allow any football game to be on during the party.

The morning of his party, Lincoln got to play with his new train table from his Gigi and Pappy (Shane's parents.) He was in love!
My mantle ready for the party. The colors were navy and orange but we had many teams represented throughout.

The drink table for the Varsity and JV leagues.

The cake table. Shane made me a goal post with PVC pipe and a swim noodle. Anyone need to borrow it for a party? We will have one. I ordered his football field cake from HEB and made football and helmet sugar cookies that were oh so tasty!

Our little family before the party started. Lincoln was not into taking pictures since he had a run-in with the chandelier that hung too low.

Lincoln with is grandparents. The two grandads look great in their matching purple white but they are supporting separate college teams.

Lincoln and his buddy, Wyatt in front of the football toss game. This too is available to rent out for parties! The game not the boys :)

Another football game

Little stinkers together. They think each other is pretty cool.

We did have a pinata. I wasn't sure how Lincoln would do but of course he loved swinging the "bat".

Cake time! Lincoln was very unsure about the whole candle issue.


One of my nephews, Isaac. He is so stinkin' cute. Lincoln is not quite a fan of his tag along cousin yet but Isaac thinks Lincoln is GREAT! Don't worry, Lincoln will grow to feel the same way!

Opening gifts. Lincoln got many great gifts this year and most of them involved wheels.

This was the tv station of the party. I have no idea what game was on but this was the popular spot to be.

Two of my besties from college days came. Love these girls and super sad that I don't see them enough. Thanks ladies for still loving me since I moved so far away and that I am not fun since I became a mom!



It was a successful party! Great weather with great family and friends!


Now, what will be his 3rd birthday party theme?! Kidding! Well sort of!

1 comment:

  1. it was a great party! love that 2 year old! XXXnenaXXX

    ReplyDelete