Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Purple, White, Purple, White...Fight, Fight, Fight!

Lincoln and I with my parents ventured out to Abilene for ACU Homecoming. We left Thursday night so we could enjoy more time at our alma mater. This was my 5th year reunion so I was hoping to see a few more familiar faces than usual.

I love going to Abilene. It always has a familiar feeling and I love to be there. I think you are shaped the most by your college years. You learn who you are without your parents and your friends have more of an influence of who you become because they are more like family those few years. I loved college and I don't think I realized how great it was until after I left. I pray that no matter where Lincoln decides to go that he will have the same experiences and cherish those times.

Friday night we went to the ACU carnival. Lincoln was only able to participate in a few activities because he is a bit of a scaredy-cat in new situations.

The boy loves to have his face painted.
The fishing game is always a must.

The petting zoo was not his cup of tea. He was terrified of the animals. Phoebe, surprisingly, was not!

This was Lincoln's favorite spot to enjoy the petting zoo.

Lincoln did venture into one bounce "house". Probably technically not a bounce house but more like a bounce obstacle course. I didn't want to risk Baby #2 by going through a crazy bounce house so my amazing sister did the fun aunt thing and took him through. Pretty sure she regretted it later!

Cutie football player and cheerleader

Waiting for the parade Saturday morning

Love these 2 boys! Lincoln thinks Eli is the funniest cousin ever!

Lincoln was so excited about the parade and couldn't wait for it to start!

After the parade we thought getting a few pictures around the campus was a good idea. This was the best cousin picture we could get on the Admin steps.

Momma's sweet boy

A decent picture of the grandkids (minus one) with Nena and Grandaddy

It was a fun weekend and I look forward to going "back home" next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment