STATS:
- Weight: 28 lbs (50%)
- Height: 34" (40%)
- Head: 19.5" (70%)
He is growing great. His right at average is on a great, slow progress up in weight and height. He is built like his daddy so he will never be really tall but he isn't a shorty either.
PERSONALITY- He is one funny kid. He is starting to see the humor in situations and laugh at jokes on his own. I love to watch "Finding Nemo" with him because he laughs every time at the whale talk part. He has a deep belly laugh, too.
- He is still pretty cautious with new people and situations. If he is feeling well, then he can usually warm up quickly to people, especially if they offer him food.
- He is definitely getting his own opinions about most things and lets us know what he wants and doesn't want.
VERBAL:-I was pretty worried about his speech and hearing at 18 months so we had his hearing tested. It was normal so I just waited for him to talk on his own. He is talking more and more with more words. He is very able to communicate what he wants to us and he is able to understand our commands to him. He is still not using very many two and three word phases like he should but the dr is not concerned since he is talking and trying to communicate with us.
- He is starting to repeat more and more of what we say, which can be bad. The other night I dropped something and said "Dang it!" and that is what Lincoln decided to say all night. Great!
- Lincoln is able to tell you about 10-15 animal sounds and will say the sound but not the name of the animal.
-We are working on names of important people in our lives. He can say all grandparent names and his buddy, Jack-Jack from school but that is it. We are working on that for the holidays this year.
-Any time he says a vehicle, he will YELL about it to you until you acknowledge that yes you see it too. Buses, cars, bikes, trucks, airplanes are very popular in our house these days!
EATING:- Good gravy, this kid can eat! He has always been a great eater and I am waiting on the day for him to slow down. It is definitely not now.
- He is still not a big meat eater but everything else he will eat (most of the time). There are days where he will only eat fruits or only veggies but he will always be done to put away the carbs!
-His favorite foods are in no particular order: Mandarin oranges, pizza, donuts, cinnamon rolls, mac and cheese, green beans, french fries, Nutri-grain bars, and goldfish. He is more of a juice and water guy than a milk drinker.
- His reflux hasn't been much of an issue since we are still on meds for it. I am not sure when I will wean him off since he is doing so great on it.
-Lincoln will let us know when he is ready to eat by either telling (yelling) "eat" or "nack" and snack means any meal.
SLEEPING:- I was definitely lucky in this department with him. He is a great sleeper and always has been. He sleeps from 7:30-6:30 almost every night. Some weekends he will sleep in but not past 7:45 or so. I am ok with not sleeping in because he can be bear when I try to wake him on school days.
-This summer we switched him to a big boy bed. We wanted him to be comfortable in his bed WAY before baby #2 came so he wouldn't feel pushed out of his bed. He has done great with this transition. He has never to this day gotten out of his bed without one of us in the room. He has only fallen out of the bed about 5 times. We never did a toddler bed so he went straight from a crib to a full size with a baby rail and he has done great. I think switching him early was great Becca's he never knew he COULD crawl out of bed.
-He does have some rough nights when the weather changes because he gets really congested and wakes up a lot. So we now have an inhaler to help with that so I am hoping we get more rest this fall.
-All he needs to fall asleep is his paci (yes we still use it at bedtime and I am ok with that), his Bessie dog, and blanket. We read a book, turn on his music and turn off the lights and he is out.
SOCIAL:- This kid is a social butterfly around other kids. He is ok in almost all situation if there is any kid under the age of 10 there.
- He loves his school and all his friends there. He has wonderful teachers who tell he does great at school.
- He is starting to bring home more and more songs from school and talks NON-STOP on school nights and I am sure he is telling all about his day. As soon as he wakes up, he is ready to go to school.
-He is in LOVE with Mickey Mouse right now. He will watch the same episode over and over. I love to watch him sing and dance to the "Hot Dog Dance".
-We really only have separate anxiety when I try to leave him in a church nursery. Makes it hard to make it church because we are wrangling a busy toddler or I am missing church in the nursery. I know it will get better so I am just waiting for that day.
- He can throw his share of tantrums but for the most part he is distractable when he is that upset. I know my day is coming when I have to carry him out of the grocery store or a restaurant but for now we are doing ok with the tantrum throwing.
If you waited this long, then you must be his grandparents. He is definitely one special kid to us and I love who he has become.

Hey there,
ReplyDeleteYou left out the part about him being a ham. He knows how to work a room.
He is a special one though.
Love you
Dad