Sunday, November 1, 2009

1 month!

I am a little late in posting Lincoln's 1 month pictures, but it has been a crazy weekend around here!

Lincoln came home in time to celebrate his 1 month birthday. Here a few things I want to remember about Lincoln at this age....
  • At birth he weighed 6 lbs 14 oz and when he left the hospital he was 7 lbs 15 oz. We go to the pedi tomorrow so I am sure he will be over 8 lbs.
  • This boy is an eating champ! He came eating 70-80 ml every 3-4 hours. He seemed to be cranky about 2 hours after each feeding so we increased his bottle to 100 ml and he did great. This morning he was acting pretty hungry so I measured out 120 ml and he did it very quickly. He is doing great with the swallowing especially with the thickness of his milk.
  • Lincoln is pretty much always content. As long as he is dry and full then he is happy. He only cries when one of those two things are wrong.
  • Lincoln has been sleeping longer amounts during the night. He can go about 4-5 hours without waking up. As soon as I feed in the night then he goes right back to sleep. This is a huge blessing and I am keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't change. Sleep is a little harder for me since I wake up and feed him then I have to pump so I am awake during the night for a little over an hour so it is helpful when he sleeps longer amounts so I can too! (Shane is a HUGE help with this but I try to only make him feed once in the night since he is working all day, that will change when I go back to work!)
  • Though Lincoln sleeps pretty well at night he doesn't sleep well during the day. He will take short 20 minute naps in his bed but that is about it. He will sleep for hours on someone or next to someone in a bed but I am trying to stop those habits. But sometimes I am too tired to fight that battle and he is too frustrated with it so we cuddle and both get a nap! The speech therapist said he might be having some silent acid reflux issues which are keeping him awake during the day (and he sleeps at night because he is exhausted) so I will talk with the pedi tomorrow about it.
  • Lincoln is a pretty "gasy" boy. He toots and poops constantly! I am happy to know that all works right!
  • He loves to look at lights and focuses pretty well on them.
  • Lincoln needs some music to fall asleep. We took his noise machine up to the hospital and the nurses started using it, now he needs it to fall asleep. He is currently sleeping in our room so we turn the music on to let him fall asleep then we turn it off because it starts to drive us nuts with the same 4 lullabies playing over and over.
That is lots of info to read so you must be a great friend or grandma but I wanted a place to always have it.

Here are Lincoln's 1 month pictures.

He is not a huge pacifier fan but he will sometimes take it.


Lincoln's first bath at home. Nena gave it to him and he was not a fan!



4 comments:

  1. what a blessing to be able to celebrate this big milestone at home!! and in time for halloween too!! he's such a cute baby. congrats again to you & shane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad things are going so well! Now your going to have to look at changing the name of your blog :)
    Love ya,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so cute! It was so good to see you all yesterday. I think we may have to make it a weekly thing. Give that sweet boy a hug from all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have been following the news about Lincoln since his birth, and PRAYING diligently over this little boy all the way. The little guy has had a tough start in this world. We are so happy to read that he is home, eating well, and things are looking up for your family. Our prayers for you all will continue. Mark & Julie Minges

    ReplyDelete