Thursday, October 29, 2009

We made it home and through the first night

We have now survived the first 24 hours home with Lincoln. The discharge process took almost all day so we did not leave the hospital until about 1:30. Shane has a mega busy week at work so my mom (Nena) spent the day with us.

I did not know she was snapping pictures or I would have smiled.
Lincoln was not so impressed with being at home. He slept for the first little bit until time to eat.
First tummy time. He is a little delayed in his reflexes and strengthen because he got very little tummy time in the NICU so we are working on it each day. He was not happy at first but then he gave up and was ok with that. Yes, his pacifier has a puppy attached to it. I love it and we call it his friend. (Thank Nancy and Glen for the cute pacifier!)
The family of 3 finally home. This picture was taken about 9:00 so I look a little "run down".
Lincoln and his daddy


Our day yesterday was pretty boring once we got home which was great! Today I had to go to his vitalstim appointment which he will have 3x a week. I am not too happy about it because I really just want to stay home in my jammies all day.... oh well, at least Lincoln is home now!
We are doing fine with this new phase. It is like starting out with a newborn but one that has learned some bad habits from the NICU (like being awake ALL day which I learned today from the speech therapist could be an acid reflux issue and he wants to be all the time) so we are going to start breaking some bad habits and set a schedule soon.
Thanks for all your sweet and cheerful comments yesterday. I can not believe he is already a month old (seems longer to me though!) I will post a cute one month picture later!


5 comments:

  1. I am so glad that sweet little boy is home! I love the pictures! Take care and try and rest when he rests!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there,
    Why does it feel like everything is so much better and safer at your house?
    What an answer to prayer.
    Home and safe.
    Love you,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know he came home! I am SOOOO happy for you guys! Congrats! -The Lacy's

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaaaah, Home at last. Now you can let your breath out and breathe. Now you can be in charge and make the decisions. Now you can be a family just loving their little guy. What a blessing. Enjoy every minute, time flies by so quickly. I am so happy for you guys. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, my children have asked to look at this blog at least three times. They are just in love with their sweet little cousin. (And so is his very favorite aunt!)

    Keep posting pictures!!

    We love you!

    ReplyDelete