Lincoln is going home TOMORROW!!! I can hear you all cheering as you read this (or sighing a bit of relief as I am sure my mom did when she heard!) Lincoln has been eating all his meals from the bottle since Sunday morning and the feeding tube was removed this morning. The "uped" his amount to a minimum of 75 ml and he has been doing at least 80 ml each time. They also changed his eating times from EVERY 3 hours to every 3-4 hours which helped a lot since he tends to sleep longer amounts in the night (thank goodness!) So with all that there is nothing more he needs here in the NICU! He needs his car seat study done (which he will pass since he was a full term baby) and his boy surgery, so we have about 24 hours left and counting!
Shane and I are thrilled beyond words! I am not sure how we will get through tonight, probably not much sleeping on my part!
I will update with new pictures soon since he is tube free...finally!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Can I "like" this about 100 times?? I'm thrilled for your family, sweet Carrie!
ReplyDeleteYEAH!!! That is all I know to say, I am so happy for you! Look forward to seeing him soon and I just knew he would get to be superman this weekend after all:)I love you!
ReplyDeleteCarrie & Shane
ReplyDeleteMany people have had all of you in our thoughts and prayers.
We are so happy that you will be taking your handsome baby boy home real soon now.
Keep the pictures & updates coming.
Love, Lisa & Steve
Pappy and I cannot express the joy and happiness we feel that your precious little Lincoln gets to come home after a long hard journey!!!!! I can just picture the glowing and smiles on yours and Shanes faces, which warms my heart and brings tears to my eyes!!! Enjoy and celebrate your first night home with your son tomorrow !!!! We love you all very much!!!! Lincoln you have been very strong and tough through all of this and we are very proud of you!!!! WAY TO GO!!!!! Love always Pappy & Gi Gi
ReplyDeleteI am thrilled and happy to know the prince will be home tomorrow!!!
ReplyDeleteGod bless you guys!
-Tabby
Wonderful news! You get to be "real" parents now (don't have to take orders from nurses and docs every day), and Lincoln gets to be a "real" baby now who is free of tubes and wires and machines. Wow! So glad you all will be together. Hold him tightly... they grow up so fast. Hope you get lots of rest today so you'll have energy for homecoming night! So glad the battle is OVER!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteYIPPY! I'm so happy for you... now your next adventures begin with your beautiful new baby boy. Congratulation!!!
ReplyDeleteYAY! praise God!!! I am SOOO happy for you. Just in time to dress him up for his 1st Halloween. :) I know you will LOVE being with him all time. YAY! I am just so excited for you! Have fun with your little guy. He is precious.
ReplyDeleteI can see it now...Little Lincoln sound asleep in his bed, and mom and dad beside his bed just staring at him and not getting any sleep. This is just the most fantastic news imaginable. I know for all of us it has been a matter of waiting for the updates...for you it has been a reality that you have lived and breathed. It has been a journey you will never forget, but time will make it a story you will tell down the road, and you will empathise with someone, somewhere down the road, and know their anguish and worries and pain. You will be a stronger person because of this experience and you will find other things in life just don't have the importance they might have once had...you have been through what is most important. May your days ahead be filled with much love and laughter. I can't wait to see pictures of Lincoln's first birthday party...it will be one of many celebrations you will have with him. I am thrilled beyond words for you guys...God is a wonderful God and He has blessed you doubly.Diane
ReplyDelete