
I am going to take monthly pictures with his monkey and I wanted to start with a newborn picture, so today seemed like a good day to take it. All the nurses loved his monkey.

After his temp was taken and diaper was changed for surgery, the nurse let me hold Lincoln skin to skin. It was WONDERFUL! I am still not sure how I let him go to surgery after that. (Lincoln's day nurse today, Susan, is great! I am sad to see her leave tonight. She was so helpful in explaining everything before and after surgery and stayed with him during surgery. I have made an attachment to her.)

Here is Lincoln after-surgery. My mom counted and he has 13 "hookups" in all. This is right after surgery when he was starting to wake up so his eyes were opening. They didn't want him to start moving so they sedated him more. It is very sad to see my boy like this but he is a fighter and is getting stronger everyday. We can not touch him so that is very hard but they say by Monday we should be able to.

Here is Lincoln after-surgery. My mom counted and he has 13 "hookups" in all. This is right after surgery when he was starting to wake up so his eyes were opening. They didn't want him to start moving so they sedated him more. It is very sad to see my boy like this but he is a fighter and is getting stronger everyday. We can not touch him so that is very hard but they say by Monday we should be able to.


Oh Carrie I wish I could just take all his pain away. I can't keep you guys off my mind. Everyone I know is praying for you all. I love you so much
ReplyDeleteWhat great pictures, they captured his sweet little personality and his precious little face. I love the sock monkey idea. It is going to be so neat to see his monthly pictures and to see how much he has grown. He is such a little fighter. We are so lucky to know the three of you and to be a part of your lives. We love you little Lincoln and can't wait for playdates and to be able to walk to the park with you!
ReplyDeletewhat sweet photos! he does look like a strong little fighter. thanks for taking the time to post them. lots of prayers being sent your way!
ReplyDeleteI had a dream about you and Lincoln last night but he was a toddler with a big spiky head of hair. I just now looked on your blog and got the update about him. I'm praying for you and I hope that I can continue having dreams about your stinkin' Lincoln where he is happy and healthy. You already seem like such a strong mother. I'm very proud of you and your new family. I look forward to seeing his progress and seeing him grow bigger than his monkey :)
ReplyDelete