I think the best way to describe today is exhausted! Apparently Lincoln had a rough night of being crying most the night because he was hungry. His last feeding was at noon on Monday, I would be cranky myself! They got the feeding tube in today about 8:00 am and he has been sleeping all day. He gets fed every 3 hours through the feeding tube so his belly is full today! This is not the same baby that we had this weekend but I am hoping after a day of rest and around the clock feedings he will be his pleasant self tomorrow! The feeding tube is through his nose today so it looks painful but it will allow him to keep practicing with his pacifier for oral stimulation. Lincoln does have to wear the socks on his hands again because they do not want him to pull it out. Other than that today has been a slow, quiet day. He got moved to a secluded part of his NICU pod (like an enclosed room) which helps with noise factor.
So we are spending this rainy, dreary day cuddling which is what we both need from a night of crying that we both had!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I really admire your posts and eventhough I know you are so overwhelmed and tired and worried, I'm so very glad that you have had the strength to tell us all about it. I pray in Jesus' name that Lincoln will come home happy and healthy sooner than you can imagine. You are going to have to watch out for him though, for sure. He's barely outta the womb and getting all the attention! With a name like Lincoln, what else can you expect...only great things. What a beautiful baby boy you have.
ReplyDeleteNova
Enjoy this rainy day cuddling with sweet Lincoln! Sorry he had such a rough night (and you too). Take care and get some rest (all three of you)!!!
ReplyDeletePoor baby Lincoln, learning the meaning of hungry...I would have been raising Cain also. He knows when to holler and tell everyne what he thinks. Take heart that God is watching out for him and you. I know you are probably exhausted beyond anything you could have ever imagined, aaah, but think how easy it will be when you get home and all of this is behind you. You will probably be looking for things to do. I know he is loving the cuddling today and all is forgiven. I will continue to pray for Lincoln, you and Shane. and will rejoice with you when you are on your way home.
ReplyDeleteCarrie, don't know if you remember me from our younger days, but I wanted you to know I have been praying for you guys and pulling for each of you down here in Houston. I am sooooo very sorry for this unexpected bump in the road. It does seem so unfair that the picture of Motherhood that you had in your heart is not the picture that is playing out - - yet. But hang in there! Someday this will ALL be behind you. It's seems imossible now, but hold fast. Babies are so resiliant, and Lincoln sounds like he's quite the fighter. We'll pray specifically for a quick homecoming! Until then, may Lincoln hear the whispers of love and encouragement the Lord is surely singing to him. Glad the situation with the nursing staff is getting better. You guys did NOT need to deal with all of that on top of everything else.
ReplyDeleteI pray for peace and comfort for all of you. Love Grandma
ReplyDelete