Sunday, October 4, 2009

Another day gone by

This picture was taken before surgery last week but I have a hard time posting update without a sweet picture! When he did get to lay on his stomach, he sticks his hiney in the air like I used to sleep as a child...he is partly me!

Today was a better day than yesterday. I spent time with family, ate yummy home cooked meals prepared by my family, took a nap, got to see my boy 2 times today, and went to Wally World! It is sad that after not being in public for almost a week I chose WalMart but we were picking up pictures so that is where I went! It was not exciting and very busy so I was tired when I got home.

Lincoln is doing great in his situation. After talking with the surgeon today, we learned that they will start taking his ventilator out around 9:00 tomorrow morning. This can be a slow process because they have to monitor how well he responses to breathing fully on his own. Tonight when we saw him the nurse said he was breathing above the ventilator which is great sign! They will test his gas levels tonight at midnight and if all is good (which it has been so far) then they will start the breathing process tomorrow morning. They will keep him sedated until Thursday because they are afraid he will wake up and be hungry or cranky (who wouldn't' be?!). If he gets uncomfortable then he might start to thrash around and damage his esophagus that is still healing. So we are still watching a sleeping baby for a few more days. He is responding more and more to noise and lights. The nurses (really only the few grumpy ones) get annoyed when we talk quietly over his bed but the surgeon says he is doing great so I only listen to him! (Can you tell what makes my day hard?! Grumpy nurses!) Tonight he kept opening his eyes wide when the monitors would beep (which happens CONSTANTLY) and roll his eyes like he was annoyed to be awaken... I love it! No major news other than the ventilator news, but I guess no news is good news in his situation. I will be heading to the hospital before 9:00 tomorrow and waiting around to see what happens so I will update when I know anything exciting!

Until next time!
Carrie

3 comments:

  1. He is so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you "used" to stick your hiney up in the air while you slept?! I think you still do!

    I'm so glad for your good news today and we are still praying every morning and every night...even Eli and Phoebe. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it when kids sleep like that!!

    ReplyDelete