Nothing new from Lincoln's world. He is still eating from a feeding tube 8 times a day of 65 ml each...seems like a lot to me! The OT wants us to hold him while he is "eating" and make him use his pacifier so he associates sucking and his belly getting full together. He will use the pacifier for about 5 minutes then spit it out (I think because he realizes that nothing is coming out but the nurses say that is not the reason). Tomorrow we are going to try and dip the pacifier in the milk say he can taste the milk but not have enough to aspirate on. Tuesday he slept most the day but today he was much more alert and back to his self. He very rarely cries (unless you are changing his clothes, which I am
doing everyday! I can't let the clothes he has just waste away in the closet!) but he makes a little noises that we think are him complaining which he does a lot...I think he will be a complainer,
wonder who he gets that from?! Other than that, nothing too exciting. We just hang out all day and wait for the next day to come!
I haven't taken his picture this week because I think the feeding tube is sad looking but I will tomorrow. These pictures are from the weekend when we were bottle feeding and they are pretty cute!
Here is Lincoln's eye roll...he does this a lot when you talk to him. I think I will be getting this look a lot more in about 13 years!

Lincoln has one Spock ear ( a point at the top), it is on his right ear. I don't have it but my sister, brother, and nephew have it so Lincoln belongs with us! Also his left ear sticks out more than his right, his cousin, Eli is the same way so they have
something in common.

And here is his sweet smile. Shane swears he is smiling at him but I broke the truth and told him that it is just gas....he doesn't want to believe me! But whatever it is, it sure is sweet to see!

Well that is about it for today. Thanks for all the
encouraging words, Shane and I read them daily and are blessed to have so many
people who care for us and our baby boy!
I'm glad to see the new pics! I's sure this is frustrating but It will come together, unfortunately it just takes time. He's incredibly adorable. Looks like he's growing(right?). Yeah!! We are continuing to pray for you each and everyday.
ReplyDeleteDixie
Love those pics! He is so cute. He looks so much bigger already, but it could just be because he has clothes on! We are praying for you all!
ReplyDeleteYes he is growing...he was 6 lbs 14oz at birth now he is 7 lbs and 5 oz. But he is getting a double chin!
ReplyDeleteHang in there. Soon Lincoln will be all yours and you both will get to be the "boss"!!! We are still keeping you all in our prayers. Don't hesitate to stick up for your little man when your gut tells you to. He is beautiful.
ReplyDeletePaige
Love that sweet little gasey smile!!!
ReplyDeleteTricia