Tuesday, December 6, 2011

3 years since we said "I do"

This picture will always be my all time favorite of Shane and I.
It not only represents how our wedding was but also who are together.

Shane and I will celebrate 3 years of marriage today. To some that seems like a short time but it feels longer than that to me. Not because it was a crappy, rough time but because we have packed a lot in our journey in that time.


We married, found out we were pregnant (very soon), dealt with the hardship of a baby with a birth defect in the NICU, trudged through the days having a new baby to raise, various job changes, moved to a new house (that puts stress in any relationship, worked out the "kinks" of parenthood (this is will be ongoing for about 18+ years), and the ups and downs of everyday.


There is no one else I would rather take that journey with. He celebrates with me on my good days and loves me on my worst days.

I know he is committed to this marriage and our family. He puts us before everything and is willing to do anything for us


I am thankful for so much on our anniversary. God for laying the path to us meeting, both our parents for showing us what it really means to be in a committed marriage, my friends who set us up, and Shane for loving me everyday.


I love looking at our wedding pictures. I miss our wedding day. I never felt stressed and never had a Brideszilla moment (at least that I can think of). I loved having my dad marry us. I loved having all my family and friends in one place for a night. I loved sharing that special day with Shane. I loved that we kept with so many traditions like not speaking or seeing each other until I walked down the aisle. I loved dancing with him and family at our reception. I have been known to tell Shane that I want to get married all over again and do it the same way again. He just rolls his eyes.


Here's to many more days of love and laughter! Love you Shane!

2 comments:

  1. wishing you a most happy anniversary!!! love you both -
    XXXmomXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you found each other! Shane completes our grown-up family and I love to see your family together. Love y'all. Counting down the days till Christmas...

    ReplyDelete