Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Midweek Ramblings

This post has no real meaning or reason but I have time so I figured I would share some thoughts. Get ready this is pretty exciting stuff!



  • Feeling pregnant has come in full force this week. I feel her consistently and I am feeling the anxiety if having NOTHING done for her. At this point with Lincoln, I am pretty sure we had his name picked out, nursery done (or at least close), and he had clothes hung in his clothes. This poor child has an empty non-painted room. Soon though, it's coming!

  • I have 13 Xmas presents to buy for my family. So far, I have bought 2. Yes, you read that right, 2! I need to get on the ball but I have no energy and no desire to take a busy toddler with me shopping. I am hoping to get out this Saturday or next and knock them all out! Lincoln is officially done though.

  • I love this time of year. I love the Christmas music playing. I love all the red, green, silver and sparkly in the stores. I love seeing all the lights on people's houses. I love how Lincoln "ohhs" and "ahhs" over the tree when I turn it on every day. I love the hustle and bustle.

  • I am so ready to have my family together Christmas. 4 cousins all under 8 who love to be together makes me happy. I am counting the days!

  • Bow making has become my newest hobby at night. I am not great at it but I am impressed with how well my first few have come out without working too hard at them. They are still not the big 'ol Texas bow that I am working towards but they are pretty cute.
Lincoln is my model for now. His daddy was thrilled by this picture.





  • I have been getting more sleep lately since NONE of my favorite shows are on right now. But I discover today that one of my favorite shows One Born Every Minute has started again. Love it!

  • (Disclaimer, don't read if you are going to get offended.) I get a little irritated with all the SAHM moms' posts about how busy they are with errands to run, grocery runs, cleaning, crafts for gifts and all the other things that need to be done. Yes, I have those same things to do but add in there 40+ hours of work a week. We all have to do them but you get to do them on weekdays when stores are not chaotic so hush down on those complaints. Really, they drive me crazy and make me want to block your FB posts. (Seriously if this offends you, I am sorry but it's my blog and my life.)

  • Lincoln went potty for the first at school yesterday!!! Cheers all around! I am not pushing this before baby comes because I don't want to fight something that he isn't ready for but we may take a stab at it over Xmas break. Have I mentioned before how AMAZING his daycare is?!! They are starting this huge leap for me and I am oh so grateful to them.

  • 7 1/2 more days until Xmas break. I am counting the days. I can't wait to stay in my jammies for a few days.

  • I love this cold weather but I don't know how people live in really cold places. I took Lincoln with me after school to Target and between the coats, our bags, and his snack, I was worn out after that!

I think that is all the crazy, jumbled mess of my head. My life consists of work, playing a bit with Lincoln and going to bed early. This might change at some point like when I don't have kids in my house anymore!


2 comments:

  1. Hey there,
    I'm with you on the Christmas thing. I can't wait.
    Hang in there, you are doing great.
    Oh, and take my name off your list. Just invite me over for dinner.
    Love you,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that photo of Lincoln with a bow in his hair. He'd make such a pretty girl! :)

    ReplyDelete